Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Keeping Faith

As I mentally and emotionally prepare myself for battle on June 21st, the Serenity Prayer has aided in my faith and hope to cope with the daily stresses (physically, mentally, and financially) involved in this journey. This Tamoxifen is definitely wrecking havoc on my emotions. Even though I may shed a tear due to shear stress, it's my strength that pulls through to say the words "I'm fine". Some days (today being one of them) I don't have as much faith as others, despite the emotional tears I remind myself these things always find their path.  After all, if He brought me to it, I need to keep faith He will bring me through it.

I have, in fact, been given the green light for surgery on June 21st. Thank the Lord! I'm ready to punch Thursday in the face. HARD. I'm not exactly sure how long the surgery will be and if I even will be up for having visitors, but I will be staying the night at St. Joseph's Hospital in Orange. I will make sure Trevor has my phone on him should any one want an update on the surgery. Again, thank you all for the prayers, healing thoughts, and supportive words. :)


The Serenity Prayer
God grant me the serenity 
Finding the Path
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful worldas it is, 
not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen.

--Reinhold Niebuhr





XO,
Allyson






                 

No comments:

Post a Comment